UNIX in a Nutshell: System V Edition: A Desktop Quick Reference for System V Release 4 and Solaris 2.0 (In a Nutshell (O'Reilly))
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Daniel Gilly;Inc. O'Reilly Media
- Publish Date: 1992-06-11
You may have seen UNIX quick-reference guides, but you've never seen anything like UNIX in a Nutshell. Not a scaled-down quick reference of common commands, UNIX in a Nutshell is a complete reference containing all commands and options, along with generous descriptions and examples that put the commands in context. For all but the thorniest UNIX problems, this one reference should be all the documentation you need.The second edition of UNIX in a Nutshell starts with thorough coverage of System V Release 3. To that, we've added the many new commands that were added to Release 4 and additional commands that were added to Solaris 2.0.Contents include:
- All user and programmer commands.
- New Korn shell documentation.
- Expanded text editing section, including GNU Emacs and nawk.
- Shell syntax (sh and csh).
- Pattern-matching syntax.
- vi and ex commands.
- sed and awk commands.
- troff and related commands and macros.
- sdb and dbx commands.