Vanishing Point: Perspective for Comics from the Ground Up
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Jason Cheeseman-Meyer
- Publish Date: 2007-12-08
Master perspective like the pros! Vanishing Point shows you how to conquer the fundamentals of perspective drawing and then equips you with technical tricks and tools that make dynamic and complex scenes a snap. This complete guide helps you build your understanding of perspective to an intuitive level so you can draw anything you can imagine. Inside you'll find:
- Complete instruction on drawing in one-, two- and three-point perspective and four- and five-point curvilinear perspective (where straight lines are drawn as curves). Curvilinear perspective has not been taught in any other perspective book - until now!
- Full-color, step-by-step demonstrations move you beyond the theories and let you practice the techniques in real scenes.
- A special chapter on drawing curves helps you break out of the box and draw cylinders, ellipses, cars and, most importantly, people in perfect perspective.
- Shortcuts and tips show you how to create believable perspective in no time flat.
No matter what your skill level, Vanishing Point offers you a new way of looking at perspective and lets you draw as though you have decades of drawing experience - even if you don't. You'll learn everything you need to know to pour your imagination on the page with power and confidence.