Murach's ADO.NET 4 Database Programming with C# 2010 (Murach: Training & Reference)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Anne Boehm;Ged Mead
- Publish Date: 2011-04-26
Attention : For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Now in its 4th Edition, this book shows C# developers how to use Visual Studio and ADO.NET to develop database applications the way the best professionals do. You'll learn how to:
- quickly create Windows and web applications by dragging-and-dropping data controls in Visual Studio 2010
- code your own presentation, business, and database classes with ADO.NET 4 to build 3-layer applications...the route the professionals take for flexibility and control
- display and manipulate data in web applications by using ASP.NET data controls designed specifically for that purpose, like GridView and DetailsView
- work with XML-specific features of ADO.NET to read, write, and manipulate XML data in your applications
- use Visual Studio's Report Designer and ReportViewer control to create and display reports in both Windows and web applications
- use LINQ to SQL instead of standard SQL so you can query databases using C# constructs
- create Entity Data Models so you can use LINQ to Entities to work with business objects, like invoices, while the Entity Framework handles the database details
Practice exercises at the end of every chapter and complete database applications throughout help you master every skill along the way. And Murach's distinctive paired-pages format...where each skill is presented with examples and advice in a single 2-page spread...is great for both targeted learning and reference.