Pocket Atlas of Pharmacology (Flexibook)
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Heinz LÃ¼llmann;Klaus Mohr;Lutz Hein
- Publish Date: 2011-01-06
Reflecting the most recent advances in the field, this up-to-date Fourth
Edition is a succinct yet comprehensive source of information on basic
pharmacologic structures and key pharmacotherapeutic connections. Each two-page
spread contains concise text on the left complemented by detailed, full-color
illustrations on the right to help users quickly digest important facts and
Four color-coded sections provide readers with a solid framework with
which to approach the latest developments in pharmacology:
- Part 1: General Pharmacology
explains substance formulation, absorption, distribution, elimination, and
molecular mechanisms of action.
- Part 2: Systems Pharmacology
places special emphasis on the functional and therapeutic aspects of a wide
range of medicinal agents.
- Part 3: Therapy of Selected Diseases presents expanded coverage of migraines, sleep disorders, and
- Part 4: Drug Index contains
the most current data on over 700 drugs listed by their generic and brand names.
- A user-friendly format ideal for studying,
self-assessment, and quick reference
- New information on drug transporters, septic shock,
substance P and amino acids, and more
- 170 updated, full-color plates enhance the text
- New in this edition -- a complete glossary of general
Additional feature: A scratch-off code provides access to WinkingSkull.com PLUS, an interactive online study aid, featuring multiple choice pharmacology questions.
The Fourth Edition of Pocket Atlas of Pharmacology is an essential study guide and reference for every
busy student, nurse, and practicing physician who needs to keep on the cutting-edge.